The method of reward point earning varies from bank to bank. Apart from this, it depends upon the type of card as well. However, before you redeem your reward points you should check the minimum points required, expiration date and redemption fee. If you have HDFC bank credit card and planning to redeem your points, you can do via post and online.
If you are planning to redeem it via post then
1. Download 'Rewards Redemption Form'
2. Fill and mail it to Rewards helpdesk, HDFC Bank cards division, P.O.Box no. 8654, Thiruvanmiyur, P.O., Chennai-60041.
3. You have authorise your card account to debit Rs 99 for handling charges for all goods and services.
4. It would take about 10 to 15 days time to deliver the items redeemed to your mailing address as per HDFC Bank records.
Step by step process to redeem reward points online-
1. Login to HDFC Bank NetBanking and click on 'Credit Cards' tab.
2. Under 'Credit Cards tab click on 'Register New Card'. Enter your four-digit credit card PIN to complete the registration process.
3. Now click on 'Redeem Reward Points' link. Select your card and click on 'Continue' to proceed to the online redemption portal.
4. In the next step click on 'Redeem Reward Points' and select 'Points Range' and 'Item Category' to view catalogue.
5. You can select items by adding them to the shopping cart.
6. Now, you can click on 'View Shopping Cart' link and view the items selected for redemption. You can modify the quantity of the items by clicking on 'Edit'.
7. Read and tick the 'Terms & Conditions'and confirm acceptance of the same. The redeemed items shall be delivered to the address displayed on the page.
7. Click on 'Redeem' to confirm redemption request and note down the Redemption Order Number generated.