New Delhi: IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation) and State Bank of India (SBI) have come up together to offer IRCTC SBI Platinum card. It offers a wide range of features to its customers including cashback, waiver, discount, etc. One important point to note here is that the card users can get the railway tickets delivered at their doorstep using this card. Here's a step-by-step process for this-
How to get railway tickets delivered at your doorstep-
1. Go to irctc.co.in and register free of cost
2. Log in with your user name and password
3. Follow instructions on the website to make your reservations
4. Make payments through your SBI card at the payment gateways that accept a Visa Card
How to earn reward points in IRCTC SBI card on the railway ticket spends-
1. The cardholder needs to be a registered user of irctc.co.in
2. The cardholder will have to book railway tickets at the IRCTC website while using IRCTC SBI card
3. The cardholder necessarily must be one of the passengers on the ticket. Also, reward points will be awarded only on cardholder's individual fare.
4. It may be noted that the reward points can be earned on first class AC, AC II tier, AC III tier, executive chair car and AC chair car travel only. However, tickets purchased at the passenger reservation system (PRS) counters shall not entitle the cardholder to these benefits.
5. The cardholder can get up to 10 per cent value back on AC ticket fare as reward points only if (a) The cardholder activates his/her IRCTC SBI card and has linked loyalty number with his or her IRCTC login ID (b) the railway tickets are booked online at www.irctc.co.in through HDFC or Citi PG with 11 digit loyalty number as shown on the IRCTC SBI card.
6. Reward Points shall accrue only on base fare of the passenger's ticket. Reward points shall not accrue on reservation charges, superfast charges and other charges or taxes, if any, included in the total amount charged for the railway ticket.
Benefits on IRCTC SBI Platinum card-
1. Cardholders can get 350 activation bonus reward points on a single transaction of Rs 500 or more within 45 days of card issuance
2. Users can earn Rs 100 cash back on their first ATM cash withdrawal with 30 days of receiving the card.
3. Since SBI has launched this card in partnership with IRCTC, card users can buy tickets through irctc.co.in for AC1, AC2, AC3 and AC CC and earn up to 10 per cent value back as reward points, where one reward point is equal to Re 1.
4. Another benefit which users can avail of on this card is that they can get one reward point for every Rs 125 spent on non-fuel retail purchases, including railway ticket purchases at irctc.co.in
5. In order to redeem the reward points, users need to link their IRCTC SBI card loyalty number with irctc.co.in login id.
6. The travel offers from IRCTC are one can save 1.8 per cent transaction charges on railway ticket bookings on the IRCTC website. They can avail of exclusive travel privileges. There is a wide range of tailor-made packages ranging from adventure, wildlife, pilgrimage and leisure tours to various places in India.
7. In case you decide to cancel any railway ticket booked using your IRCTC SBI Platinum Card online on IRCTC website, a charge of 1.8 per cent of the total refund amount will be debited to card user's account.
8. The cardholders can save themselves from paying one percent fuel surcharge across all petrol pumps in India on transaction of Rs 500 to Rs 3,000 (exclusive of GST and other charges). They can get maximum surcharge waiver of Rs 100 per statement cycle per credit card account.