HMD Global, the Finnish company which is making Nokia-branded smartphones, has today launched a new entry-level smartphone in the Indian market — Nokia 2.2. The smartphone is also promised to be the “fastest ticket to Android Q in this price tier” for the consumers.
While the Nokia 2.1 was an Android Go smartphone, the newly launched Nokia 2.2 is a part of the Android One program. It comes running Android 9 Pie operating system out of the box, packed with Digital Wellbeing features like Dashboard, App Timers, Wind Down, and the improved Do Not Disturb.
The smartphone features a 5.71-inch HD+ display with a waterdrop notch, 1520 x 720 pixels screen resolution, and 19:9 aspect ratio. Under the hood, the phone is powered by MediaTek Helio A22 octa-core processor clocked at 2.0 GHz, coupled with 3 GB of RAM.
It comes with 32 GB of internal storage and a microSD card slot that supports memory expansion of up to 400 GB. As for the camera, the smartphone comes equipped with a single 13-megapixel rear camera having f/2.2 aperture and single LED flash.
On the front side, the handset features a 5-megapixel selfie shooter. Similar to other Nokia smartphones launched recently, this one too comes with a dedicated Google Assistant button. Connectivity options on the device include 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, Micro-USB port, and GPS. It is powered by a 3000 mAh battery.
The Nokia 2.2 comes in two color options — Steel and Tungsten Black. The 2 GB RAM model is priced at Rs. 6,999 while the 3 GB RAM model costs Rs. 7,999. The company says that this is limited-period pricing until June 30th, 2019, after which the pricing will be increased.
Nokia 2.2 Specifications
- CPU: 2.0 GHz MediaTek Helio A22 octa-core processor
- GPU: PowerVR GE-class GPU
- RAM: 2/3 GB
- Operating System: Android 9 Pie
- Display: 5.71-inch TFT LCD display with 720 x 1520 pixels screen resolution, 19:9 aspect ratio, and 2.5D curved glass
- Rear Camera: 13 MP with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 1.12um pixel size
- Front Camera: 5 MP with f/2.2 aperture, 1.12um pixel size
- Internal Storage: 16/32 GB
- External Storage: Yes, up to 400 GB
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, 3.5mm audio jack, and FM Radio
- Colors: Steel and Tungsten Black
- Battery: 3000 mAh
Pricing and Availability in India
- Price of 2 GB RAM model: Rs. 6,999
- Price of 3 GB RAM model: Rs. 7,999
- Availability: Sale in India from 11th June
HMD Global, the company behind the Nokia brand, has scheduled a launch event in India on 6th June. While the company has not revealed what it plans to launch, many reports indicate that the Nokia 6.2 will get launched in India.
The report also suggests that the pricing of the Nokia 6.2 in India will start at Rs. 18,999. For the uninitiated, the Nokia 6.2 is said to be the re-branded model of the Nokia X71 smartphone which was recently launched in China.
The Nokia X71 is the company’s first smartphone to come with a punch-hole cut-out on top of the display for housing the front-facing camera sensor. It has a 6.4-inch Full HD+ display and 93 percent screen-to-body ratio. Under the hood, the device is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 660 SoC, along with Adreno 512 GPU.
The smartphone packs 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of internal storage. It also comes with a microSD card slot for expanding storage up to 256GB. In the camera department, the phone features a triple camera setup on the back, consisting of a 48 MP primary sensor with f/1.8 aperture, 8 MP secondary ultra wide-angle secondary sensor, and a 5 MP depth sensor.
On the front side, it comes with a 16 MP snapper for taking selfies and video calling. Connectivity options on the device include 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0 and USB Type-C port. There’s also a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor.
Being a part of the Android One program, the smartphone runs a near-stock version of Android 9 Pie operating system out-of-the-box. The phone is powered by a 3500 mAh battery and supports 18W fast charging technology.
Nokia X71 (Nokia 6.2) Specifications
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 octa-core processor
- RAM: 6 GB
- GPU: Adreno 512 GPU
- Operating System: Android 9 Pie
- Display: 6.4-inch PureDisplay Full HD+ with 19.3:9 aspect ratio and 93% STB ratio
- Rear Camera: 48 MP main sensor with 6P lens and f/1.8 aperture + 8 MP ultra-wide angle lens + 5 MP depth sensor
- Front Camera: 16 MP with f/2.0 aperture
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- External Storage: Expandable up to 256 GB via microSD card
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth 5.0 and USB Type-C port.
- Other: Fingerprint Sensor, OZO 360-degree surround sound
- Battery: 3500 mAh with 18W fast charging