Exam Name Combined Defence Services Examination
Qualification Any Graduate, B.Tech/B.E, B.Sc
Vacancies 417 Posts
Job Location Across India
Last Date to Apply 08/07/2019
Other Qualification Details:
A. Name of the Course and Approximate No. of Vacancies:
1. Indian Military Academy, Dehradun - 100 149th (DE) Course commencing in July, 2020 [including 13 vacancies reserved for NCC `C’ Certificate (Army Wing) holders]
2. Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala - Course 45 commencing in July, 2020 Executive (General Service)/Hydro [including 06 vacancies reserved for NCC ‘C’ Certificate holders (Naval Wing)].
3. Air Force Academy, Hyderabad-(Pre-Flying) 32 Training Course commencing in July, 2020 i.e. No. 208 F(P) Course. [03 vacancies are reserved for NCC `C’ Certificate (Air Wing) holders through NCC Spl. Entry]
4. Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras)- 112th SSC (Men) Course (NT) commencing in October, 2020 [(i) 171 vacs for SSC (Men) (NT) UPSC, (ii) 04 vacs for JAG (Men) (NT) October, 2020 Non UPSC and (iii) 50 vacs for NCC Special entry Non UPSC]. 225
5. Officers Training Academy, Chennai-26th 15 SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course-commencing in October, 2020.
B. Centres Of Examination : Agartala, ahmedabad, aizawl, bengaluru, bareilly, bhopal, chandigarh, chennai, cuttack, dehradun, delhi, dharwad,Dispur, Gangtok, Hyderabad, Imphal, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Jorhat, Kochi, Kohima, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji (Goa), Patna, Port Blair, Prayagraj (Allahabad), Raipur, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati, Udaipur And Visakhapatnam
C. Educational Qualifications:
(i) For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai - Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.
(ii) For Indian Naval Academy-Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/Institution.
(iii) For Air Force Academy-Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering. Graduates with first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of Graduation/provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB. Candidates who are studying in the final year/semester Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply provided candidate should not have any present backlog upto the last semester / year for which results have been declared upto the time of submission of application and they will be required to submit proof of passing the degree examination at the time of commencement of course to reach the IHQ of MoD (Army), Rtg ‘A’, CDSE Entry, West Block III, R. K. Puram, New Delhi-110066 in case of IMA/SSC first choice candidates and Naval HQ “DMPR” (OI & R Section), Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhawan, New Delhi-110011 in case of Navy first choice candidates and PO3(A)/Air Headquarters, ‘J’ Block, Room No. 17, Opp. Vayu Bhawan, Motilal Nehru Marg, New Delhi-110 106
in case of Air Force first choice candidates by the following dates failing which their candidature will stand cancelled :
(i) For admission to IMA on or before 1st July, 2020, Indian Naval Academy on or before 1st July, 2020 and Air Force Academy on or before 13th May, 2020.
(ii) For admission to Officers' Training Academy, Chennai on or before 1st October, 2020. Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications which are recognised by government as equivalent to professional and technical degrees would also be eligible for admission to the examination. In exceptional cases the Commission may treat a candidate, who does not possess any of the qualifications prescribed in this rule as educationally qualified provided that he/she possesses qualifications, the standard of which in the opinion of the Commission, justifies his/her admission to the examination
D. Disqualification : Candidates who were admitted to an earlier course at the National Defence Academy, Indian Military Academy, Air Force Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai but were removed there from on disciplinary ground will not be considered for admission to the Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy or for grant of Short Service Commission in the Army. Candidates who were previously withdrawn from the Indian Military Academy for lack of Officer-like qualities will not be admitted to the Indian Military Academy. Candidates who were previously selected as Special Entry Naval Cadets but were withdrawn from the National Defence Academy or from Naval Training Establishments for lack of Officer-like qualities will not be eligible for admission to the Indian Navy. Candidates who were withdrawn from Indian Military Academy, Officers’ Training Academy, NCC and Graduate course for lack of Officer-like qualities will not be considered for grant of Short Service Commission in the Army. Candidates who were previously withdrawn from the NCC and Graduates’ course for lack of Officer-like qualities will not be admitted to the Indian Military Academy.
Application Fee: The candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees two hundred only) [except SC/ST candidates and those specified in Note-2 of Point 4 (Fee) of the Notice who are exempted from payment of fee] either by depositing the money in any branch of SBI by cash or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using any Visa/Master/ Rupay Credit/Debit Card.
1. Rtg ‘A’, CDSE Entry, West Block III, R. K. Puram, New Delhi-110066
2. Naval HQ “DMPR” (OI & R Section), Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhawan, New Delhi-110011
3. PO3(A)/Air Headquarters, ‘J’ Block, Room No. 17, Opp. Vayu Bhawan, Motilal Nehru Marg, New Delhi-110 106
1. Written Exam.
How to Apply
1 Candidates are required to apply online by using the website http://upsconline.nic.in Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form have been given in the Appendix-II (A). Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website.
2 The Commission has introduced the facility of withdrawal of Application for those candidates who do not want to appear for the Examination. In this regard, Instructions are mentioned in Appendix-II (B) of this Examination Notice.
3 Candidate should have details of one Photo ID Card viz. Aadhaar Card/Voter Card/PAN Card/Passport/Driving Licence/Any other Photo ID Card issued by the State/Central Government. The details of this Photo ID Card will have to be provided by the candidate while filling up the online application form. The candidates will have to upload a scanned copy of the Photo ID whose details have been provided in the online application by him/her. This Photo ID Card will be used for all future referencing and the candidate is advised to carry this Photo ID Card while appearing for Examination/Personality Test/SSB.
4. The Online Applications can be filled upto 8th July, 2019 till 6:00 PM.
5. The online Applications can be withdrawn from 15.07.2019 to 22.07.2019 till 6.00 PM. Detailed instructions regarding withdrawal of Applications is available at Appendix-II (B)