Our history is full of mysterious things that seem mysterious to today's eyes. Thanks to widespread photography in the late 19th and 20th centuries, we have documented many things that are no longer part of our world and our lives, the imprints of a bygone era. Life, our people, the technologies we develop, our cultures, our habits and accepted norms are constantly changing, and it's good to see that some of these have been captured for posterity! A truly exciting and instructive selection follows!
01. The soldier helps the boy cross the Berlin Wall.
02. A monkey man was found in the jungle of Brazil in 1937
This picture was originally posted on Imgur and immediately spread because there was no explanation as to where the photo came from and what it meant.
03. Charlie Chaplin, 1916
The actor legend is 27 years old in this photo.
04. David Bowie at the age of 16
David became a saxophonist at the age of 9.
05. German Brotherhood mirror selfie, 1912
06. Abraham Lincoln's first daguerreotype (image capture procedure) Photo
07. Princess Elizabeth II. in the Women's Auxiliary Territorial Service
In 1945, the future Queen served in the Women's Auxiliary Territorial Service
08. The last known Tasmanian tiger
Not long ago, these animals were extinct. This is Benjamin, who yawned at the zoo in 1933.
09. Men Celebrating the End of the Alcohol Prohibition, December 5, 1933
It was forbidden to sell, manufacture and transport alcohol in the United States between 1920 and 1933.
10. Construction of the Golden Gate Bridge
The construction of the Golden Gate Bridge took four years - from 1933 to 1937. It was the largest bridge from 1937 to 1964. Now it is not the largest bridge in the world, but the most recognized.
11. Anne Frank's father, Otto, revived the period of hiding in the attic from the Nazis. He was the only surviving family member.
Anne Frank was famous for her diary she wrote when she was hiding from the Nazis. Unfortunately, Anne died. His father was the only survivor.
12. Bulletproof Vest Testing, 1923
Share this post with friends.